Riverside Paradise is near Cullinan, De Tweedespruit, approximately 43km from the Kolonnade, Montana Park, Pretoria. Riverside Paradise is a Nature farm, absolutely for nature lovers! Due to the fact, that there’s no electricity, down at the riverside, we still have fire flies during summer nights. We also have several bird and butterfly species. You can swim in our beautiful Elands River, during summer times and use the canoes, free of charge. You are also welcome to do our hiking trail – The Zebra trail.
*PLEASE NOTE*- NO CELLPHONE SIGNAL ON THE FARM.
- No loud noise, or music allowed. (Only allowed if you book the whole farm.)
- No drones please.
- No vandalism will be tolerated- breaking of trees; branches or anything on the farm is not allowed.
- No quad bikes
- No fishing allowed
- Higher Fees during School holidays (high season) & long weekends.
- Toddlers (2 yrs and younger), free of charge.
- You are welcome to make use of our staff for their services such as cleaning of dishes, at an additional fee at your own discretion, payable directly to the staff member.
- Although we are pet friendly (on a leash, until calm), we do not allow any aggressive dogs, or bigger than a Labrador.
- No dogs/pets are allowed in our Ablutions or the Pool area.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE
**We have septic tanks. No foreign objects to be flushed down the toilets. Please use the bins provided.**
Time Schedule: (Hiking only)
- Check-In: 8h00
- Check-Out: 11h00
- Check-In: 9h00
- Check-Out: 12h00
** HIKERS PLEASE ARRANGE IN ADVANCE FOR EARLIER ARRIVALS. **
Please bring a leash on the hiking trail, if you think your pet(s) will chase the other animals, or run away.
- No cellphone reception, No ATM, or card facilities on the premises. Only cash will be accepted on arrival, or advance online booking/internet payments.
The Zebra trail is a circle route, under 5km, easy to moderate, with stunning views, beautiful scenery and if you are lucky, you could also see Zebras, Kudus & different Buck species along the trail. Remember to bring your camera/cellphones with! Certain spots, on the trail, you could also find cellphone signal.
DAY VISITORS (Picnic/Braai & Hiking)
There is a huge Boma/Fire pit, near the tent camping area, to use freely. We provide table, chairs & a gazebo (day visiting only), when necessary. You are welcome to bring your own camping chairs, wood, charcoal, etc. or buy from us.
We do occasionally sell:
- 2L Cold Drinks
- Still Water (500ml)
** (Cash only & as long as stock lasts) **
Prices available from Admin and will also be in your booking confirmation email.
- We also have a bush lapa with electricity (plug & lights), steel tables & chairs, which you could rent at a minimal amount, for birthdays, etc. (max 25 people) Enquire/book directly with Admin
- a Bush barn (with electricity), max 40/50 people. Enquire/book directly with Admin.
Build-in braai’s (with taps), as well as portable braai’s, available at tent sites, as well as at the Day camping area. We also supply each stand, with a steel table & chairs. The ablution facilities are neat, with lights & a gas geyser. Jungle gym for the kiddies, near the caravan sites, as well as a swimming pool.
Overnight visitors are also welcome to use, the communal wooden-kitchen (with electricity), near the Day & Tent Camping area. It’s equipped with a kettle, pots, tables, small gas stove, microwave, fridge & freezer.
- Earlier arrivals could be arrange with Admin @ R50pppd.
- Or late departure, could also be be arrange with Admin @ R50pppd.
** We regret, no earlier arrival or later departing allowed, during high season. **
TENT STANDS (No Electricity)
These stands, are down at the river, with no electricity, approximately 120m from the Ablutions, with build-in braai’s & taps. We have 2 beautiful private stands, partly enclosed and accommodating tents-only.
Then we also have a stunning, huge separate private camping site, accommodating tents/trailers, or motorhomes/RV’s, where friends could camp as a group, or separately, also no electricity, but with built-in braai’s & taps.
Enjoy a pure bush-veld feeling, next to the river! This area, could take approximately 6 to 10 tents/trailers in total, depending on the size of the tents/trailers or RV’s .
We also have additional portable braai’s/small bomas available, if needed.
Incase of emergency, we do rent single/double foam mattresses @ R50pn. **Limited stock. Please enquire/booking directly with Admin.**
(Preferably caravans/trailers, or no solid tents)
Partly fenced, has lawns, and are close to the Ablution, Swimming Pool (and 120/130m from the river):
** LIMITED ELECTRICITY AVAILABLE ON CARAVAN STANDS **
- 1 Plug & 1 light, next to the build-in braai, with tap, on each stand; as well as a steel table & chairs.
- 1 Community Pit fire (Boma), also with 2 Build-in braai’s.
- Max 1 Caravan/trailer & 1 tent, per stand allowed, or Only 2 tents, also allowed.
** 2 Dome tents to rent @ R100pn- (each tent takes 1 double mattress). **
** Double foam mattresses @ R50pn each and single foam mattresses @ R30pn each. **
** Only 1 Permanent caravan available – (sleeps 4), with fridge and a 2-plate gas stove.(Please bring your own Bedding & cutlery). ** Book directly online to make use of this caravan. PLEASE BOOK A STAND TOGETHER WITH THE CARAVAN ON THE WEBSITE as the caravan booking will include the caravan ONLY AND WILL NOT INCLUDE THE STAND. ** Contact Admin if you are unsure how to book online. **
** Breakage fee, not included. Payable on arrival & will again be refunded, in cash, when you departure (depending on damage/losses). **
Sleep 4- Max (2 Adults & 2 Kids).
- 1 Bedroom (Double bed & cupboard)
- Lounge with double bed- sleeper couch.
- Kitchen- Fully equipped with cutlery etc. (Bedding not included, please bring your own)
- 4-Plate gas stove, with oven
- Bathroom with basin, toilet & shower (gas geyser).
- Granite breakfast counter with 4 bar stools
- Undercover patio with build-in braai, table & 4 chairs
- Electricity (plugs & lights)
- No TV
Chalets, will only be cleaned before your arrival and again, after you leave. Should you need any cleaning service during your stay, you have to pay an additional fee at your own discretion depending on the work/time she has to spend on the unit, payable directly to the cleaner.
- Chalet 1:- R300 cash deposit.
- Chalet 2:- R500 cash deposit.
** Breakage fee is not included. Payable on arrival & will again be refunded, in cash, when you departure (depending on damage/losses). **
Sleep 6 (4 Adults & 2 kids)
- 2 Bed & 2 Bath.
- Fully equipped with cutlery etc. (Bedding not included, please bring your own)
- 4-Plate gas stove, with oven
- Electric fridge/freezer
- Granite breakfast counter with 6 bar stools
- 1st Bathroom with bath, basin & toilet.
- Main bedroom with a double bed, cupboard, fan light & an ensuite bathroom with a basin, toilet & shower (gas geysers).
- 2nd Bedroom with 2 single beds, cupboard & fan light.
- Lounge with 2 single sleeper couches.
- Undercover patio with build-in braai, table & 6 chairs.
- Electricity (plugs & lights).
- No TV
Building a few more chalets, are also part of our priority list.
Please feel free to contact Admin for more information.